68S--Preventive Medicine Specialist (Pvnt Med Sp), CMF 68
a. Major duties. The preventive medicine specialist conducts or assists with preventive medicine inspections, surveys, control operations and preventive medicine laboratory procedures, supervises preventive medicine facilities, or serves on preventive medicine staff. Duties for MOS 68S at each level of skill are:
(1) MOSC 68S1O. Conducts preventive medicine inspections, surveys and control operations and assists with preventive medicine laboratory procedures.
(2) MOSC 68S2O. Conducts preventive medicine inspections, surveys and control operations and assists with preventive medicine laboratory procedures. Supervise subordinate personnel in the performance of their duties.
(3) MOSC 68S3O. Supervise small preventive medicine services or units. Organize water, food sanitation, hospital environment, entomological, epidemiological and environmental stress surveillance programs. Analyzes and evaluates collected data. Supervise technical and administrative functions of preventive medicine activities.
(4) MOSC 68S4O. Supervise medium size preventive medicine services or medical teams/detachments. Assist with development of unit defense plans and operational orders. Reviews and makes appropriate recommendations on doctrine and training literature. Maintain intelligence information and records. Establish quality control procedures for inspection programs and laboratory analysis. Develop community health education programs. Evaluates existing preventive medicine programs and modifies as necessary to meet the needs of the population served.
(5) MOSC 68S5O. Supervises large preventive medicine services or units, or serves on preventive medicine staff. Staff activities include
writing, developing and coordinating command-wide regulations and policies relating to preventive medicine services. Participate in command review and approval of subordinate unit activities. Assist in planning and placement of...