A EVENT | DESCRIPTION |
* Abraham’s Birth | Abraham was born in Ur and lived in the great city of Babylonia. Abraham and his family travelled 500 miles and settles in Haran. They lived there for 5 years, until the death of Abraham’s father Terah. |
* God’s promises | At the age of 75, God visited Abraham and made promises with him; that God will change his birth name Abram “ exalted father” to Abraham “father of multitude” as the symbol of the covenant and also promise to bless him and make his offspring into a wealthy nation of people. All God wanted Abraham to do is, to obey God and do what God told him to do. |
* Abraham departs from Haran | Abraham showed a great commitment of faith and trust, by responding to God’s call. Leaving Haran and his tribe immediately. He travelled to an unknown land in Canaan with his wife Sarai and nephew Lot. Where he promised to God to obey his commandments. |
* Temporary stay in Egypt | The virus Famine started to spread across Canaan caused Abraham and Lot to travel to Egypt. Later on they returned to the same altar and God blessed them with wealthy life. |
* Rescue of Lot | With such riches that God has blessed Abraham and Lot the land could not have them both. Lot decided to settle in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, and Abraham stayed in Canaan. After eight years of separation the “Four Mesopotamian Kings” attacked the king of Sodom and Gomorrah detained all their food and imprisoned many of the people including Lot. Abraham harmed the allies and hunts the confederate king, and overtook them. Abraham retrieved the spoils and brought back Lot and others. Abraham refused the reward, which has been offered to him even a shoelace. |
* Marriage to Hagar | Abraham lost faith in God’s protection and requirements. At one point they decided to solve this problem themselves. With Sarah’s encouragement, Abraham tried to produce a child with his wife’s handmaiden ‘’Hagar” because Sarah was...