ACCT 346 Weekly Assignment Week 2
Directions: Complete the three questions below and please be sure to show all of your calculation work along with the final answers in the
box provided for each question. Also note that Question #3 has TWO parts, Part A and Part B. To give yourself more room to insert your
calculations and answers, you may need to add more rows or columns to the boxes below.
1. Biltz Company uses a predetermined manufacturing overhead rate based on direct labor hours to allocate (apply) manufacturing overhead costs to
jobs. During the year, the company actually incurred total manufacturing overhead costs of $582,000 and 135,000 direct labor hours were worked.
The company originally estimated that it would incur $525,000 of manufacturing overhead during the year and that 150,000 direct labor hours would
How much was manufacturing overhead over¬allocated (over¬applied) or under¬allocated (under-applied) for the year?
2. The following account balances at the beginning of January were selected from the general ledger of Ocean City Manufacturing Company:
Work¬in¬process (WIP) inventory
Raw materials inventory
Finished goods inventory
1) Actual manufacturing overhead for January amounted to $62,000.
2) Total direct labor cost for January was $63,000.
3) The predetermined manufacturing overhead rate is based on direct labor cost. The budget for the year called for $250,000 of direct labor cost and $350,000 of manufacturing overhead costs.
4) The only job unfinished on January 31 was Job No. 151, for which total direct labor charges were $5,200 (800 direct labor hours) and total direct material charges were $14,000.
5) Cost of direct materials placed in production during January totaled $123,000. There were no indirect material requisitions during January.
6) January 31 balance in raw materials inventory was...