Nowadays, studying abroad becomes popular. Do you know its advantages? Today, I’ll show you 5 advantages of studying abroad.
1. You are surrounded by English. Yes, you need to pay attention and do some studying, but everything comes faster when you do because English is everywhere: on the streets, on the internet, and on the TV( Tripling) . So ( Creating rapport), you can't get away from it.
2. We often grow up thinking that our way of doing things is the only way, or sometimes the best way. But living in a new culture helps us realize new ways of doing things, and also helps us to see that even though we are different, we are all human. And in many cases, not only you will get to know the natives of the country you are visiting, you may get to know classmates from all over the world. So ( Creating rapport), your eyes are opened to the world.
3. You learn to take care of yourself. How we do? (Rhetorical question). Living in another country, even if it is with a host family, means you might be doing things you may not have done in your home country. These include cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, washing clothes, figuring out transportation, making living arrangements, setting up accounts for cell phones and utilities ( Machine gunning),…. You may think of this as a disadvantage, but many international students go home proud that they have become very self sufficient.( Dramatic contrast)
4. Your life changed ? Yes. Sure . How ?( Simplification) One of the greatest things that happens when you do something as big as live in another country is: you become a changed person, your outlook on life is different. Your new maturity can lead you to new places in your life.
5. You make memories that will last a lifetime. Your pictures, journals, and souvenirs ( Tripling) will help you remember your time abroad, your memories and emotions of this special time will also be a part of your life until you are very old.
So how can you know if studying abroad is right for...