ooopkjjh hsYou can enrol from wherever you have an internet connection. If you would like some assistance with
your enrolment, there are staff available to assist you at the Student IT Centre located in the CSHE building, Monash Road,
Map reference H-18. Hours change depending on the time of the year, please refer to the Student IT website for current
2. Online help is available throughout the online enrolment process. Click the ‘help’ link and you will be taken to relevant
3. View a list of enrolment FAQ’s at www.studentadmin.unimelb.edu.au
4. For subject selection advice or an extension to your enrolment expiry date, contact your Student Centre.
Student Centre contact details can be found at http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/StudentCentre/centre/contact.html
5. For information regarding your visa and obligations under the Educational Services for Overseas Students
(ESOS) Act refer to www.services.unimelb.edu.au/international/visas/esos.html or contact International Student Services
via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. To have your PIN reset, call the PIN reset line on phone 03 8344 4772.
7. For technical difficulties with the set-up of your email or access to SIS, email email@example.com or phone
03 8344 0888. You should provide your student ID number and full details of the problem including error message and,
if possible, a screen shot of the error message.
8. You can obtain a campus map from www.unimelb.edu.au/campuses/maps.html
What should I do before going online?
Read the information you received in your offer and/or enrolment package. This pack contains important information including:
• Rules, regulations and fee policy which govern your enrolment. Understanding these rules and regulations will help you
better manage your enrolment.
• ‘Student Association Membership 2008’ brochure informing you of your options to join a student organisation including the