: The following factors can improve the statistical relationship
Between Attitudes and Behavior:
• Our attitude and behavior are both constrained to very specific circumstances.
• There have been many opportunities to express attitude through behavior.
• We have a history of attitude-behavior consistency.
• The attitudes are based on personal experience, rather than being copied from others.
• The attitudes are proven by past experience.
• There is no social desirability bias, where the presence of others will lead us into uncharacteristic behavior.
• We are low in self-monitoring, so we do not distract
• The attitude is strongly held and is around core beliefs
Q2(A):If job Satisfaction is not a behavior, why is it considered an important
Dependent Variable ?
Answer :Job Satisfaction is not a behavior but considered as an important
dependent variable because of two reasons: its demonstrated
relationship to performance factor ,and the value preferences held by
many OB researchers. To operationalize the dependent variable of
job satisfaction, researchers will have to use questionnaires to
determine the perceived level of job security in this age of rapid
computerization. Many people believe that as computer technology
increases, jobs in library environments will decrease. For example,
what is the likelihood that one will or will not be fired due to reduced
budgets (computer technology is expensive and takes a lion share in
some libraries), or job obsolescence, which can be contributed to
computers doing some of the work historically done by employees.
Self administered questionnaires and small
group discussions can help researchers measure the social interaction among employees.Social interaction is...