Performance appraisal system is a systematic and formal method for evaluating individual employee’s work performance over and agreed time period. Performance appraisal is a vital component of a broader set ofhuman resource practices, it is the mechanism for evaluating theextent to which each employee's day-to-day performance is linked to the goals established by the...
1) some benefits of flexible working patterns to employees such as life satisfaction, better wellbeing, and overall a good work-life balance
Advantages of Flexible Work Schedules for Employees
With flexible work schedules, employees experience these benefits:
• Flexibility to meet family needs, personal obligations, and life responsibilities conveniently.
• Reduced consumption of employee commuting time and fuel costs.
• Avoids traffic and the stresses of commuting during rush hours.
• Increased feeling of personal control over schedule and work environment.
• Reduces employee burnout due to overload.
• Allows people to work when they accomplish most, feel freshest, and enjoy working. (eg. morning person vs. night person).
• Depending on the flexible work schedule chosen, may decrease external childcare hours and costs.
2) Advantages of Flexible Work Schedules for Employers
• Increased employee morale, engagement, and commitment to the organization.
• Reduced absenteeism and tardiness.
• Increased ability to recruit outstanding employees.
• Reduced turnover of valued staff.
• Allows people to work when they accomplish most, feel freshest, and enjoy working. (e.g. morning person vs. night person).
• Extended hours of operation for departments such as customer service.
• Develops image as an employer of choice with family friendly flexible work schedules.
There are also key organizational challenges you need to address to make flexible work schedules support your business. In and of themselves, as a positive benefit for employees, flexible work schedules support employee...