Are Violent Video Games, Films & Gangster Rap Turning This Generation Into Psychopathic Killers?
Are violent video games, films & gangster rap that dangerous & influential enough to make us do the most horrific things? It depends on what you think but if I was answering this question, in my opinion I would say no. The media does show violence but it is aimed at the older and more mature audience, also its intention and purpose is to entertain, not to influence.
So What Kind Of Violence Are We Talking About
Take films for example, nearly every child has heard of Rambo yet the age rating is Rated R by the MPAA. This means nobody under the age of 17 is allowed to buy or watch it. So I ask you how did these children hear of Rambo, well basically the parents allow their children to watch this kind of violence with no second thought, so they buy it for them.
Children who are aged around 7 to 13 watch this kind of violence, and the younger children might re-enact the violent actions because they are not mature enough. But that’s why there are age ratings, to stop the younger audience from copying the acts from Rambo and other action or horror films.
Now ask yourself this, would you swear in front of a 7 year old? No you wouldn’t. You wouldn’t because you know they would learn it and copy you which will land you in trouble if they imitate you in a school.
So why would you buy them a film made for a mature audience with lots of violence and swearing? To please the child, no matter what, if a child asked for a gangster rap album, you would want to keep them happy by buying it for them. I’m here to tell you that buying any sort of media, made for an older audience, for a child is not the right way to be a role model for them.
73% of children in the UK have parents which don’t check the rating of any films or games, whilst the other 27% that do check are the most likely to have well civilised children. At least 1 out of every 50 children will end up doing...