Assessing the Marketing Environment of:
The Company’s Microenvironment & Macro environment
As a service organization, employees represent the most and almost the only considerable asset of PwC. Hence marketing department works closely with HR under the supervision of top management to assess and meet the employee needs, make PwC a better working place, and attract and maintain the most qualified candidates to deliver superior value to employees, who should in turn deliver superior value to clients. This is implemented as follows:
* Working closely with universities that supply the most qualified candidates. The objective is to be introduced to students as a great place to work. This explains why PwC sponsors the employment fairs being held in Cairo University and the American University in Cairo (AUC).
* Compared to other local offices, PwC provides relatively high salaries.
* The training department in PwC provides professional courses like CPA, CMA, CIA, and CFM, along with soft skill courses. These courses are sometimes conducted in coordination with specialized training centers like Oracle, the American Chamber of Commerce, the Egyptian Banking Institute (EBI), which provides a great opportunity for career development.
* Employees are provided with overseas training opportunities to keep them in track with all the new services and the most advanced technology.
* Periodically assessing both the employee needs and performance through Job Appraisal and Personal Coaching and Development (PC & D) programs.
“Students are almost as important to us as clients, this explains why 25% of PwC marketing budget is devoted to students”
Ahmed Atef, Marketing manager
Universities are the main suppliers of employees. So any serious effort to drag qualified candidates must begin with working closely with universities. PwC usually sponsors and participates in the employment fairs being held in most...