Globalization refers to growth of trade and investment, accompanied by the growth in international businesses, and the integration of economies around the world. According to Punnett (2004) the globalization concept is based on a number of relatively simple premises:
* Technological developments have increased the ease and speed of international communication and travel.
* Increased communication and travel have made the world smaller.
* A smaller world means that people are more aware of events outside of their home country, and are more likely to travel to other countries.
* Increased awareness and travel result in a better understanding of foreign opportunities.
* A better understanding of opportunities leads to increases in international trade and investment, and the number of businesses operating across national borders.
* These increases mean that the economies around the world are more closely integrated.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world’s leading manufacturer, marketer, and distributor of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups and its headquarters are located in Atlanta, Georgia, with many other locations around the country. The Company and its subsidiaries employ nearly 31,000 people around the world. The Coca-Cola Company is in nearly 200 countries around the world and the company’s operating management structure consists of five geographic groups. The North America Group comprises the United States and Canada. The Latin America Group includes the Company’s operations across Central and South America, from Mexico to the tip of Argentina. The Greater Europe Group stretches from Greenland to Russia’s Far East, including some of the most established markets in Western Europe and the rapidly growing nations of Eastern and Central Europe. The Africa and Middle East Group encompasses the Middle East and the entire continent of Africa. The Asia Pacific Group has operations from India through the Pacific region including...