Catcher in the rye vocab
1. Scrawny: adj unattractively thin and bony.
2. Grippe: Noun the flu
3. Innumerable: adj too many to be counted
4. Lagoon noun: a small freshwater lake near a larger lake or river.
5. Crude adj: in a natural or raw state; not yet processed or refined
6. Compulsory adj: required by law or a rule; obligatory
7. Bondage noun: sexual practice that involves the tying up or restraining of one partner.
8. Sadistic adj: deriving pleasure from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others
9. Falsetto noun: a method of voice production used by male singers, especially tenors, to sing notes higher than their normal range
10. Conceited adj: excessively proud of oneself; vain
11. Unscrupulous ad: having or showing no moral principles; not honest or fair.
12. Monastery noun: a building or buildings occupied by a community of monks living under religious vows.
13. Orchid noun: a very pretty flower.
14. Nonchalant adj: feeling or appearing casually calm and relaxed; not displaying anxiety, interest, or enthusiasm:
15. Suave adj: (especially of a man) charming, confident, and elegant
16. Bourgeois adj: of or characteristic of the middle class, typically with reference to its perceived materialistic values or conventional attitudes.
17. Clinch: noun a struggle or scuffle at close quarters, especially (in boxing) one in which the fighters become too closely engaged for full-arm blows.
18. Swanky: adj stylishly luxurious and expensive.
19. Blasé adj: unimpressed or indifferent to something because one has experienced or seen it so often before.
20. Reciprocal adj: given, felt, or done in return