BIO 103 Final Exam Guide Version 2 100% Correct Answers
Follow Link Below To Get Tutorial
1. 1. What is the correct sequence of steps in the scientific method?
1. Make observations and ask a question
2. Analyze the data
3. Develop a hypothesis
4. Share the results with other scientists
5. Design and perform an experiment to test the hypothesis
a) I>II > III > IV > V
b) III > I > V > II > IV
c) V> IV > III > II > I
d) I> III > V >II > IV
e) V > II > I > III > IV
2. You have formulated a hypothesis: “Apples contain more vitamin C than oranges.”
To test your hypothesis you measure vitamin C levels in 20 oranges and 20 apples from trees that were grown in the same orchard under the same environmental conditions (temperature, rain, sunlight). This experiment was conducted twice. The control in the experiment is__________________________________.
a) type of soil, temperature, amount of rain and sunlight in the orchard
b) vitamin C levels
e) a large sample size and repeated experiment
***Use the following information to answer questions 3, 4,5 & 6 below***:
A group of medical researchers investigated the effects of Drug X on lowering cholesterol levels in a group of men between the ages of 50 and 70 years old. The researchers did the following experiment and obtained the indicated results: One group of 150 men took a tablet containing Drug X for 3 weeks – 95 of these men decreased their cholesterol levels by at least 10% (three men from this group dropped out of the study). Another group of 150 men was given a tablet with no added Drug X for 3 weeks – 10 of these men decreased their cholesterol levels by at least 10% (two men from this group dropped out of the study).
1. 3. Which of the following is the best hypothesis for this experiment?