BUS 307 Week 5 Final Paper
Check this A+ tutorial guideline at
The final assignment for the course is a Final Paper on two cases. The Final Paper should
demonstrate understanding of the reading as well as the implications of new knowledge.
The eight- to ten-page paper should integrate readings and course discussions into work
and life experiences. It may include an explanation and examples from previous
experiences as well as implications for future applications.
Read the case study at the end of Chapter 15 and the case study at the end of Chapter 16,
and thoroughly answer all the following questions. Supplement your answers with
scholarly research using the Online Library. Each case study should be addressed in four
to five pages, resulting in a combined Final Paper of eight to ten pages.
Chapter 15 Case Study: The RealcoBreadmaster
1. Develop a master production schedule for the breadmaker. What do the projected
ending inventory and available-to-promise numbers look like? Has Realco
“overpromised”? In your view, should Realco update either the forecast or the production
2. Comment on Jack’s approach to order promising. What are the advantages? The
disadvantages? How would formal master scheduling improve this process? What
organizational changes would be required?
3. Following up on Question 2, which do you think is worse, refusing a customer’s order
upfront because you don’t have the units available or accepting the order and then failing
to deliver? What are the implications for master scheduling?
4. Suppose Realco produces 20,000 breadmakers every week, rather than 40,000 every
other week. According to the master schedule record, what impact would this have on
average inventory levels?
Chapter 16 Case Study: A Bumpy Road for Toyota
1. Is Toyota’s focus on quality consistent with the Lean philosophy? Can a firm actually
follow the Lean philosophy...