BUS 500 Midterm Exam 100% Correct Answers
Which of the following statements is true about ethical decision making in business?
1. A) It is limited to the type of major corporate decisions with social consequences.
2. B) It should rely on the personal values and principles of the individuals involved
3. C) It involves significant general policy issues that affect entire organizations.
4. D) Every employee, except workers in a process-oriented organization, will be faced with an issue that will require ethical decision making.
Which of the following best describes a business stakeholder?
1. A) Anyone who affects or is affected by decisions made within a firm.
2. B) Anyone who has acquired significant shareholding in a firm.
3. C) Anyone with a controlling interest in a firm.
4. D) Minority shareholders in a business entity.
The aspect of business ethics that examines business institutions from a social rather than an individual perspective is referred to as:
1. A) institutionalized ethical responsibility.
2. B) corporate cultural responsibility.
3. C) decision making for social responsibility.
4. D) institutional morality.
Kathy, your best friend and classmate, asks you to help her with a challenging ethical predicament. Which of the following would be your first step in the decision making process?
1. A) Identifying the ethical issue
2. B) Considering the available alternatives
3. C) Determining the facts of the situation
4. D) Making the decision
Which of the following statements reflects the concept of normative myopia?
1. A) “I was so involved in our debate that I missed the red light. We need to limit our conversations in the car.”
2. B) “I may have exaggerated the features of the product to get this sale. You knew how important this deal was for me.”
3. C) “Brad met with an accident because he was drunk while driving. I...