BUS 642 Week 6 Assignment Research Project
Copy & paste the link into your browser
Focus of the Research Project
The final version of your research project should be 10-12 double-spaced pages (not including the title page, reference page, tables, appendices, etc.). The paper will be an original business research project that tests a hypothesis of your choice. The research can relate to your place of current/previous employment or other contexts of interest. Sample topics could include, but are not limited to:
• Manufacturing Quality/Cost Improvement
• • Service Quality Improvement
• • Systems Design
• • Accounts Receivable/Billing/AR Aging
• • Marketing/Advertising Issues
• • Sales of Goods
• • Investments
• • Product Safety
• • Workplace Safety
• • Labor Pools
• • HR matters of broad concern
• • Population Studies
Include the following in your paper:
1. Introduction: In one or two paragraphs, explain the problem and state the management dilemma as well as the research question.
2. Literature review: Do some background research in the Ashford University Library about studies that have already been done that relate to your topic. Find at least three scholarly resources, and cite them in your literature review.
3. Hypothesis: State the hypothesis. It should be a possible cause and effect relationship regarding a process, underlying assumption, or plan that is important to the business. It should not be too broad. Your background research, as well as (possibly) your own work and life experience can help you write your hypothesis.
4. Methodology: Describe the planning, data sampling, data collection and data evaluation you used in your study. The type of study should be defined and justified. Collect a small representative data sample. Fifteen is the recommended sample size. The data can be collected from...