BUS 644 Complete Week 6 / Final Paper and DQs
Read the “Space Age Furniture Company” case study in Chapter 9 of your text. Answer the following questions: and include any MRP calculations.
1. What options are open to Coral to address this problem?
2. How would reducing the minimum quantity of subassemblies help?
3. What are the costs of carrying excess items in inventory at each stage?
4. What is the trade-off between overtime costs and inventory costs?
5. Which type(s) of production processing – job shop, batch, repetitive, or continuous – is the primary mode of operation? Explain.
6. In what ways could management keep track of job status and location during production?
7. Can you suggest any changes that might be beneficial to the company or add value for the customer? What are they?
The purpose of the Final Case is for you to culminate the learning achieved in the course by describing your understanding and application of knowledge in the field of operations management. The paper should integrate Readings and Resources and class discussions into work and life experiences. It may include explanation and examples from previous events as well as implications for future applications.
Guidelines for Writing the Final Paper
Readdress the concept and the experience with critical thought. That is, what is your response to the content, either positive or negative, and then defend your position. If multiple options/alternatives/positions are present and are being rejected you must also defend the reasons for rejecting an option.
BUS 644 Week 6 DQ 1
Just-in-Time (JIT) Inventories. Choose companies or industries for which JIT would be totally inappropriate? Explain your reasoning with examples in 200-250 words.
BUS 644 Week 6 DQ 2
Scheduling Procedures. Categorize different scheduling procedures for various types of service operations,...