Customer service plays a vital role in the hospitality industry to attract and sustain the existing customers. Hence it becomes very significant in hospitality industry to take good care of their customers. Hence there are certain policies and plans which are followed in hospitality industry to give customer the value for his money and the satisfaction that he expects from the hospitality organisation.
Policies which are followed in Mantra
1. Greeting with smile: Smile reflects the positive attitude of the person. It encourages the entire staff to give a positive and sustained welcome to guests.
2. Friendly and Helpful: Guest expects the staff to be friendly and helpful which makes their stay comfortable at the hotel.
3. Anticipating Customer Needs: It is important for the staff to anticipate the customer needs as this will make the guest realise that he is getting value for his money.
4. Using Appropriate Language: Using the appropriate language in the hospitality industry is very important. Inappropriate language and unprofessional language is not at all acceptable in the hospitality industry.
5. Eye Contact: Eye contact is very important in the hospitality sector, because when customer is speaking it is very important to build up the eye contact as it makes the guest realized that he is being paid attention.
6. Courteousness: Staff in the hospitality industry must be courteous. Staff should show gratitude to the customer thus making customer feel like a king and hence the level of customer satisfaction would increase.
7. Complaint Dealt Effectively: Customer complaints should be dealt effectively. It is like a customer’s feedback and management should work