Career Development Plan Part 1 – Job Analysis and Selection
University of Phoenix
Due to the merger between InterClean and EnviroTech, a new sales team will need to be created in order to implement the addition of full-service cleaning solutions for the healthcare industry to the existing product line.
By identifying the skills needed for potential positions, long term success can be predicted. A careful job analysis will aid in identifying the necessary skills and in turn, the right candidates. Below is a summary of the job analysis, as prepared for the changing environment at InterClean.
The skills needed to have a successful sales departments include:
1. Experience in solution based selling: The right candidate should have experience in solution based selling, or be able to adapt to this style of selling very quickly. They should also have extensive knowledge of the product line so that they can customize packages and systems.
2. Customer Service: The candidate should have the ability to customize packages and systems, relate to the client, problem solve and be able to make decisions quickly and effectively in order to serve the needs of the client.
3. Experience: The candidate should have sales experience. A background in working with environmental regulations is helpful in order to reduce the amount of training time.
4. Communication skills: The candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to promote a team environment and maximize client communication and prevent confusion.
5. Teamwork: The candidate should be able to work well with the other team members, utilizing each other’s skills sets and knowledge to provide the best overall experience for the client.
6. Innovative and flexible: The candidate should be able to implement innovative techniques in selling the new product line and services. The candidate should also be flexible in customizing each package for the client and open to new...