Career Development Plan Part 1
University of Phoenix
New salesperson positions have opened in the integrated Interclean and Envirotech company which requires different experience and attitude than either company had on it’s own. After doing a job analysis by using a combination of the Interview, performance and observation methods the following is a job description for the ideal candidates:
Salesperson candidate must be able to:
1. Obtain new customer base and provide excellent customer service.
2. Sales position is performance based.
3. The ability to work on dynamic team environment and provide excellent customer service is a must.
4. Looking for an aggressive sales rep who likes to close the deal but also see value in maintaining long–term relationship with customers.
5. “Reps will be grouped into multi-functional teams prepared to support InterClean‘s high-quality products with high-quality service.
They’ll be instructed in development of full-range service packages tailored to individual accounts. They’ll be trained to engage directly with facilities managers, health care professionals, and operational executives in their customers' organizations.”
The work force planning system I chose to use in the job fulfillment selection is Talent Inventory. I chose this model because I believe that the current sales staffs between the two companies have something unique to offer to the new direction the company is going. The new skills that are needed to create a new sales team is an outgoing aggressive team that can meet monthly sales goals but also be able to take care of customers beyond the sales. Sales team must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment to successfully handle new business issues, problems, and customer concerns and feedback. The team isn’t strictly comprised of customer service oriented and not just sales oriented but a combination of both. The sales team will consist of 7 dynamic people who will include 5...