Vinsun Infra Engineering Case Solution
SUBMITTED BY- GROUP 17
Amit Bisai – 0042/52
Amritanshu Singh - 0047/52
Anant Singh – 0051/52
Anirban Kundu - 0057/52
1. PROS AND CONS OF EACH OPTION AVAILABLE TO VINSUN
There are two options available with VINSUN. First is ERP on premise platform and second is ERP on cloud.
ERP ON PREMISE
Definition: On-Premise ERP is an ERP software in-house maintained in a physical office, rather than over the web
1. NO REQUIREMENT OF INTERNET CONNECTION – ERP on premise works on intranet and hence the connectivity and speed has no effect on the operations of ERP.
2. DATA SECURITY AND PRIVACY – Since it is on premise, data is secured by the company’s firewall mechanism as against on-cloud platform where data is kept in the hands of service provider.
3. CUSTOMIZATION – ERP can be heavily customized to suit the needs of the company as every control on the features is transferred on to the buyer once the ERP is bought.
4. LONG TERM ADVANTAGE – Over the long term, if VINSUN goes for integration, the size of organization will increase dramatically. In such case, it is wiser to use ERP on premise as data security and use-as-you-wish feature will be an advantage.
1. HIGH INITIAL INVESTMENTS – The price of an ERP system is quite high, especially, for an organization like VINSUN who has mere 60 employees.
2. EMPLOYEE TRAINING – More the customization of the ERP system more is the training required to shun the repulsive attitude of employees towards the ERP.
3. MAINTENANCE COST – Entire maintenance cost will be borne by the IT department (or will be covered under IT expenses) of the company.
4. BUSINESS DISRUPTION – As the complete ERP is designed by the company, the testing, training and bug clearing makes business disruption imminent. Thus, the loss of working hours is comparatively very high for this platform.
ERP ON CLOUD
Definition: Cloud ERP is an ERP software that is hosted on a platform...