John E. Garner
ITT Technical Institute
Introduction to Networking NT1210
Saturday, June 21, 2014
1.Which of the following is true about 1 bit?
C. Represents one binary digit
2. Which of the following terms means approximately 106 bytes?
3. Which answer lists the correct number of bits associated with each term?
B. 32 bits per word
4. Which of the following answers are true about random-access memory (RAM) as it is normally used inside a personal computer? (Choose two answers.)
1. Used for short-term memory
2. Used to process data
5. The smallest unit of data that RAM supplies back to the CPU is 1 bit.
6. A user has opened a word processor, typed the numbers 123456789, and stored the document as a file called report1.Which of the following determines, in part, what bits the computer stores in the file to represent the text typed into the report?
C. Character set
7. A user has opened a calculator application, typed the numbers 123456789, and then done some math problem using this number. Which of the following determines, in part, what bits the computer stores in RAM to represent the number 123456789?
D. The binary equivalent of decimal 123456789
8. Which of the following is not a feature of a file system that might be used with a hard disk drive?
A. C. A file
9. A student writes a report using a word processor, saving the report in a file called my report. The student stores the file on his laptop hard disk drive. Later, he posts the file on a file-sharing site for a classmate to review the report. Then, he copies an updated version of the file to a flash drive to submit it to his instructor. Which of the following are some of the important features supplied by files as defined by a computer OS? (Choose three answers.)
B. Keeps data in order
3. B .Provides a convenient way to name a set of data for easier operations like copying and moving
4. Names give users an easy...