CHLORINE BLEACH VERSES HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
Sanitizing your home, with Chlorine Bleach or Hydrogen Peroxide is a very tough question. You need to check the labels and use accordingly. A house which is free of germs and bacteria will make your family healthier, but too much of a good thing could be bad. The bleach could be making you family sick.
My Mother and my Grandmother used bleach for everything, so I was taught many years ago to use bleach to sanitize, whiten and cleanse most surfaces. I became a bleach addict. Everyone was calling me the bleach queen. I used bleach to clean, whiten and sanitize the kitchen counters. I used bleach on the appliances in my kitchen. I wanted to make sure my kitchen surfaces were pure and cleaned of all germs that might make my family sick. Bleach was also used in the bathroom. Bleach was also used to clean the walls and in the in laundry. I wanted to make sure my clothes were clean, white and stain free. The main thing about using bleach though was the smell. Sometimes it would take my breath away, but I knew my house was clean and germ free. I also cleaned the siding on the house with bleach. Anything my family touched was cleaned with bleach. I even put a little chlorine in my dish water to sanitize my dishes.
I now use Hydrogen Peroxide to do most of the household cleaning. If you go to the hospital or doctors office, you will not smell the bleach, because they use hydrogen peroxide to sanitize. Hydrogen Peroxide comes in 8 ounce bottles to gallon size bottles. It doesn’t have the lasting smell of the chlorine bleach and you don’t have the toxic chlorine gas. In the summer months you don’t have to worry because your windows are open and you have ventilation. All you have to do is put Peroxide in a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture. That’s 50% peroxide and 50% water and squirt on you counters or dish rag and wipe the germs away. You could use full strength but that is wasting it.
Spray on the stains...