2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
5 tablespoons melted butter
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
5 large eggs
2 ounces (2 squares) semisweet chocolate, melted
6 ounces (6 squares) semisweet chocolate, melted
1/2 cup sour cream
1. To prepare crust, in a medium bowl, mix together chocolate crumbs and melted butter until well blended. Press into a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
3. To prepare filling, in a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and eggs at medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Spoon half of cream cheese mixture into crust.
4. Stir chocolate into remaining cream cheese mixture until well blended. Drizzle over batter in crust to make swirls.
5. Bake cheesecake for 50 minutes. Cool completely.
6. Transfer cheesecake to a serving plate, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 2 hours.
7. Uncover cheesecake; carefully remove the side of pan.
8. To prepare frosting, in a small bow, mix together chocolate and sour cream. Spread over cheesecake. Chill briefly until frosting is set.
These techniques guarantee perfect, impressive cheesecakes. After you've read the techniques, try out the recipe below for Chocolate Cheesecake. You can do it!
Before you begin, be sure all the ingredients are at room temperature. Combine the cream cheese or ricotta and eggs thoroughly before adding any liquid extracts, heavy cream, or sour cream. Lumps are impossible to remove once the liquid ingredients have been added. The paddle attachment of an electric mixer is ideal for mixing the batter. If you must use regular whipping beaters, set the mixer at low or medium-low speed.
Fold in whipped cream and beaten egg whites with a wire whisk or a rubber spatula. Fold gently and slowly, being careful not to deflate the volume of the whipped ingredients.
Cheesecake bases are usually...