CIS 246 Week 1 iLab 1 Basic Server Configuration
iLab 1 of 7: Basic Server Configuration
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox located on the silver tab at the top of this page.
(See the Syllabus section “Due Dates for Assignments & Exams” for due date information.)
Connect to the iLab here.
Scenario and Summary
• You will log on to the server, set the time zone, configure networking, and change the computer name.
You may find this resource helpful as you prepare to complete the lab.
• Windows Server Environment
STEP 1: Log on to Server
1. Click the server icon.
2. Click the Send Ctrl-Alt-Delete button in the upper right.
3. The user name is Administrator.
4. In the Password field, type password.
5. When prompted for the network type, select Work, then click Close.
STEP 2: Set Time Zone
Action: In the Initial configuration Tasks window, click the Set time zone link and set your time zone by clicking the Change time zone… button. Click OK when done.
STEP 3: Set IP Address to 192.168.1.14
1. Click the Configure Networking link.
2. Right click Local Area Connection 2 Unidentified network (the one on the right), and click Properties.
3. Highlight Internet protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and click Properties.
4. Click the option button next to Use the following IP address.
5. For the IP address, use 192.168.1.14.
6. For the subnet mask, use 255.255.255.0.
7. Skip the default gateway and DNS information.
8. Click OK, then Close, and close windows until you are back to the Initial Configuration Tasks window.
STEP 4: Change Computer Name
1. Click the Provide computer name and domain link. The System Properties dialog box opens.
2. Click the Change button, and the Computer Name/Domain changes dialog box opens.
3. Change the computer name to SRV-1 and...