CIS 246 Week 2 iLab 2 Organizing Resources
iLab 2 of 7: Organizing Resources
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox located on the silver tab at the top of this page.
(See the Syllabus section “Due Dates for Assignments & Exams” for due date information.)
Connect to the iLab here.
• Before beginning work, connect to your virtual lab platform (Skillsoft / Element K).
• There are two sections to this week’s iLab assignment. Be sure to complete both sections in order to receive full credit.
o Lab 2a: Install and Configure Active Directory
o Lab 2b: Organize Users and Groups
You may find this resource helpful as you prepare to complete the lab.
• Advanced Configuration and Organizing Resources
LAB 2A OVERVIEW
Scenario and Summary
• You will explore Server Manager, install Active Directory, and add a Windows 7 PC to the domain.
TASK 1: Explore Server Manager
STEP 1: Explore the Basic Information in Server Manager
Back to Top
1. Log on with a user name of Administrator and a password of password. It may ask about the network type. Click Work, then click Close.
2. Click the Server Manager icon in the lower left, to the right of the Start button.
3. Notice the Server information in the right pane. Scroll down to find out the following information, and put the answers in the lab report.
1. Is the firewall turned on?
2. What is the name of the link for the IE Enhanced Security Configuration?
3. Which link allows you to change the computer name? (You may have to try a few links for this one.)
Insert a screenshot into your lab report of the configuration screen (#1).
STEP 2: Explore Diagnostics
Back to Top
Action: Expand all the items under Diagnostics in the left pane except Event Viewer-Applications and Services-Microsoft (because there are way too many items).