CIS 500 Case Study 1 The Big Data Challenges (Str Courses)
For more course tutorials visit
Case Study 1 The Big Data Challenges
Big Data is a term used to describe the voluminous amount of structured and semistructured data generated by companies. The term is used when referring to petabytes (PB), exabytes (EB), and zettabytes (ZB) of data. Companies face challenges when it comes to capturing, storing, searching, and analyzing Big Data. The Volvo Car Corporation faced this problem because of the massive amount of data it was streaming from its vehicles.
Download and study the Volvo Car Corporation case study titled, “Converting data into business value at Volvo”, located athttp//www.icio.com/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/8833/icio_Case_Study_Volvo.pdf.
Write a two to four (24) page paper in which you
1. Judge how Volvo Car Corporation integrated the cloud infrastructure into its networks.
2. Explain how Volvo Car Corporation transforms data into knowledge.
3. Identify the realtime information systems implemented and evaluate the impact of these implementations.
4. Argue how the Big Data strategy gives Volvo Car Corporation a competitive advantage.
1. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with oneinch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or schoolspecific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are
• Explain how the components of an information...