CIS 502 Critical Infrastructure Protection
Assignment 2: Critical Infrastructure Protection
Due Week 6 and worth 50 points
Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) is an important cybersecurity initiative that requires careful planning and coordination in protecting our infrastructure.
The following documents titled, “National Infrastructure Protection Plan”, and “Critical Infrastructure Protection”, may be used to complete the assignment.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
1. Examine the Department of Homeland Security’s :
2. Explain what Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) initiatives are, what are protected, and the methods used to protect our assets.
3. Describe the vulnerabilities IS professionals need to be concerned with when protecting the U.S.’s critical infrastructure.
4. Evaluate the effectiveness of IS professionals in regard to protecting the U.S.’s critical infrastructure.
5. Suggest three (3) methods to improve the protection of our critical infrastructure and justify each suggestion.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources outside of the suggested resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this...