CIS502 Case Study 1
CIS 502 Case Study 1: Advanced Persistent Threats Against RSA Tokens
A Graded Work
CIS 502 Week 3 Case Study 1
Case Study 1: Advanced Persistent Threats Against RSA Tokens
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
Authentication breach by impersonation or password crack has been popular for attackers to breach our assets. The latest RSA APT attack to breach one of the most secure RSA tokens alerted the industry and reminded all of us that there is no security that can last forever. We must remain vigilant and stay ahead of the game. Read the following documents:
? “APT Summit Findings” located in the online course shell
? “RSA Security Brief” located in the online course shell ?Write a five to eight (5-8) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze the Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) Summit Findings article as well as the RSA Security Brief article and identify the vulnerabilities that existed in the system.
2. Analyze the attack methods carried out in pursuit of the authentication breach and explain which methods were successful and why.
3. Suggest three (3) techniques or methods to protect against APT attacks in the future as the CSO for a large organization.
4. Determine what types of technologies would help alleviate the problems identified in the articles assuming you are the CSO or CTO in an organization.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
? Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
? Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the...