1. Your coworker LaRita has asked you to review her slide presentation. You notice that it is difficult to recognize and process the most important ideas and information. To help her fix this, what will you recommend that she change?
• She should include a compelling image every few slides.
• She should choose dark backgrounds and text colors.
• She should use bold or italics to highlight key ideas.
• She should limit her text to five words per line and three to four lines per slide.
2. A colleague asks you for advice on how to understand the audience of his persuasive message. Which of the following pieces of advice will you offer?
• Ask as few questions as possible to avoid annoying them.
• Focus on their values and not their needs.
• Wait until the message is perfected before choosing the right audience.
• Consider the psychological principles that impact people's decisions.
3. Which of the following is true of competence?
• It is often evaluated by one's track record of achievements.
• It has grown less important in the post-trust era.
• It is innate and cannot be gained through experience.
• It increases when individuals focus on connecting with others.
4. In order to focus your presentation on people, you should:
• use a lot of "I" statements
• include as many photographs as possible in your slides
• make individuals and groups the subject of your sentences
• avoid using presentation software or other technology
Final Exam Answers just a click away COM 295 Final Examination
5. _____ is the process of converting meaning into messages composed of words and nonverbal signals.
6. Which of the following is a trait of individualists?
• They communicate directly to efficiently deal with work tasks and outcomes.
• They stay in relationships even when they are no longer mutually satisfying.
• They tend to follow the perceived dreams and goals of the group as a matter of duty....