Assignment 1.2: Discussion on Constructive and Destructive Conflict
In this assignment you will describe an episode in your business life where you have stimulated constructive conflict.
1. Post your description of the constructive conflict to the Forum, along with your response to these questions:
* Why did you see increased conflict as a constructive step in this situation?
* How did you stimulate conflict?
* What did you expect to happen?
* What actually happened?
* What did you learn about conflict through this experience?
1. Review and comment on the postings of at least two other students.
2. Reply to comments on your posting.
I was a long time employee for a maintenance shop however never was put in charge of a team full time. It took me telling that I was just as good as the other team leads and can get my project schedule done. my manager replied with I didn't have enough time with the company to step in the position because there are people that have been here longer that would get seniority over me for the position. I told him does he want an employee that has seniority and is marginally good at the job or someone who can get the job done with quality and within project schedule. I expected him to say well that is how it is going to be, now get back to work, however he told me that he has a new project that is going to start Monday and if I really think in ready he will give me a short-term team that could possibly turn into a permanent one. I learned that a closed mouth does not get feed; I had to ask for what I wanted and tell why I deserved it. This is how I became the top performing team of the site and all my employees received a bonus when bonuses were unheard of.