Greaney Course Expectations Assignment:
English 10 / English 11 / AP English / Film as Lit
Answer the following questions in complete sentences. Do not copy and paste from the expectations sheet. Put the answers in your own words, please. Submit as a Word Document into the drop box for this assignment.
1. How are grades weighted in this class? (Give the categories and weights for each)
The grades are weighted in 6 categories, Work Habits worth 20%, Writing worth 20%, Reading worth 20%, Language worth 10%, Speaking worth 10% and the Final exam worth 20% of your overall grade.
2. What is the policy with regard to add/drop?
The add/drop period is two weeks, in these two weeks you can drop without penalty, but after those two weeks you will have an F on your transcript, unless under certain circumstances the teacher decides otherwise.
3. How can you earn extra credit in this class?
You cannot earn extra credit in this class.
4. What is the policy regarding late work?
Turning in late work, and negotiating with the teacher is your responsibility and ultimately the final decision is the at the teachers discretion.
5. What are the materials you must bring with you every day to class?
Each day you must bring, black or blue pens, planner, notebook, lined paper, red pens, index cards, highlighters, sticky notes, and the current book being read.
6. When do you make up missed tests and quizzes?
You make-up tests and quizzes on the late start Wednesday that comes after the quiz, unless prior arrangements have been made you cannot makeup the test.
7. How do you save work that you submit electronically (what do you name it)?
lastname_firstname_assignment – boettner_maddi_courseexpectations
8. What is the policy with regard to food and drink?
Food and drink are allowed as long as it is not disrupting to the teacher or other students, and you clean up after yourself.
9. If you miss class for sports, and there was an assignment due...