CRJ 325 Case Study 3: Confessions and Admissions after a Request for a Lawyer
Follow Below Link to Download Tutorial
For More Information Visit Our Website ( https://homeworklance.com/ )
Email us At: Support@homeworklance.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Due Week 8 and worth 100 points
A suspect is apprehended in a large-chain grocery store by the security guard. The suspect is placed in handcuffs and taken to the manager’s office. The police are called and advised of the situation. Officer Jones arrives at the store approximately 12 minutes later. Officer Jones takes a statement from the security guard and views the in-store camera film of the shop lifting incident. Officer Jones places the suspect under arrest, reads the suspect the Miranda warnings, and asks the suspect if he would like to make a statement. The suspect replies, “No, I would like a lawyer”. The suspect is then transported to the local jail and booked. Five (5) hours later, the suspect is interviewed by a detective who again reads him the Miranda warning. The detective then asks the suspect if he would like to talk. The suspect says, “Yes”. He eventually confesses to the crime.
Write a one to two (1-2) page paper in which you:
1. Identify and discuss the constitutional amendments that would relate to this situation.
2. Discuss how the Edwards Rule is related to this situation.
3. In your opinion, determine if the suspect’s confession to the detective is admissible.
4. Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions....