D.A. Garden Supplies Report
A. Preliminary project scope for D.A. Garden Supplies and consultant with relevant personnel.
• Team with maximum of 5 people – 2 people for information gathering and results and 3 people for the actual market research procedure. These people must have experience in Market Research for at least one year to be able to save time in training since there’s only short time allowed. $8,000.00 budget for the whole 5 weeks including staff pay and budget for external meetings that are necessary.
• IView – is a market research company that does projects for different big businesses and organizations. Since we have been partners for years, we can ask them for the available phone resources that can use for five days using our own staff and data. They approved to use 2 phones, 5 hours a day and call households and businesses.
• Possible research location: iView office, D.A. Garden Supplies shop itself (where we can actually reach the actual and recent customers of the business) and main streets nearby like somewhere near Highpoint and Bunnings where a lot of people walk pass
- Gather all relevant information about the business, including the financial crisis and business areas.
- Determine the important areas of the business and create questions according to that.
- Make research objective and hypothesis.
- Design the research tool and coordinate well with the partners such as iView.
- Conduct the research, three areas available.
- Gather results by the end of week four and no more than that.
- Analyse results collected and present to the business owners to decide what to do next and coordinate with the second project heads.
• Sample size – we need 50 people to answer the questions on our survey, men and women from ages 18 to 60 who are most likely capable or at least interested in the business.
• We should be given 5 weeks to do the entire market research project no more and no less.
B. Data Gathering...