Baiada Poultry is a privately owned Australian company that was established by the Baiada family in the early 1940’s. It has grown into one of the biggest Poultry businesses in Australia and recently acquired Steggles, making Baiada the market leaders in the poultry business.
In this report, we will be answering the following questions;
1. Explain why companies undertake Corporate Social Responsibility programs within their four business function areas?
2. Describe what are the brand positioning and brand values in the case study? What were the critical areas Baiada poultry needed to address in relation to this takeover?
3. Discuss why Baiada poultry seeks brand recognition and how this links to business objectives and success.
4. Discuss how price strategies and quality strategies interact and how this interaction impacts on Baiada’s business success.
5. Analyse elements of the promotion mix and how Baiada have used them.
6. Evaluate the effectiveness of the communication process within Baiada, including opinion leaders and word-of-mouth.
Question 1- Explain why companies undertake Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs within their four business function areas?
Corporate Social Responsibility is a way for a business to help benefit themselves and their customers at the same time. This way businesses can improve and at the same time keep their customers happy and potentially bring in new customers too. A business has to approach each business function differently to maximise their benefits.
Operation refers to the coordination of those activities in a business that are involved in combining inputs for the purpose of producing an output that is valued by consumers. In this case it would be Poultry products. Baiada would want to undertake CSR programs for operations because it not only helps make the business operations run smoother and have less impact on the environment, but it...