The Human Resource Management assignment question.
Discuss if and if so, why diversity should be an integral part of the HR-strategy of all organisations and analyse the status of diversity in the HR-strategy of an organisation you are familiar with.
Author analyses the question into two sections
1. should diversity be an integral part of HR-strategy of all organisations.
2. an analysis of the diversity status in the HR-strategy of an organisation I am familiar with.
The demographic developments in the Netherlands is the starting point for this paper Author starts with a quantitative picture of the inflow of foreigners and the developments in the composition of the Dutch population. Secondly author has analysed in general the impact of diversity on the organisation..
In the part ‘resume and conclusion’ relevant arguments pass in review. Why? Why not all, why there?
The final section describes the application of diversity within the Dutch company XYZ, author has worked for.
As author set out to read into this issue of diversity, the first impression is that there is not a mutual or concordant understanding about diversity. Nor is there a general accepted definition.
A few global views in literature are:
• Diversity as a business tactic. An instrument to realise an optimum serve for a heterogeneous customer base.
• Multiculturalism, as an ideology. A society that includes people with various cultural and or religious backgrounds.
• Cultural diversity as an environment. An environment where recognition, acceptance, respect and mutual understanding of the added value of cultural diversity exists.
Diversity is about differences.
Kreitner-and-Kinicki (1995) visualised with a diagram 'the primary and secondary dimensions' of diversity. This shows that with diversity are meant all the variations of personal aspects; being the observable as well...