Bible Doctrines Study Guide
2. Why is the Bible a better basis for religious authority?
Because even people who reject the bible retain a conscience, thought it will operate on the basis of what they have come to believe is the right thing from them to do
3. What does the bible itself teach us about it inspiration?
It emphasizes the actual inspiration of the writers.
1.Although believers do not accept the classical arguments for the existence of God, in what sense can these arguments be helpful to believers?
They serve as “pointers”.
3.How can God be both transcendent and immanent?
God is at the same time both transcendent (above, beyond and greater than the universe. He has created) and imminent (present and active within the universe)
5. What are the two important aspects of God’s holiness and how do they relate to the holiness He wants to see in us?
Separated, dedicated. He is separated and elevated above all that is evil his is also dedicated to carrying out of his great plan of redemption.
7. Why is it important to recognize God as a Trinity of Persons in one Being rather than as three separate Gods?
4. What is the importance of the Virgin Birth?
The Bible carefully guards the manner of his birth from mere natural pro-creation. His conception was miraculous, the creative work of the Holy Spirit by the power of the Most High.
5. How did Jesus fulfill the offices of the anointed Prophet, Priest, and King during his ministry? How is he fulfilling them now? How will he fulfill them when He comes again?
By saying, “These words you hear are not my own: they belong to the Father who sent me.” John 14:24. He also fulfilled the office of Priest as He himself became the perfect, pure, sinless sacrifice. The office of King is appropriate to Christ as well. And now, in the interim, he sits at the right hand of the Father in the heavenly realms and reigns
9. What benefits for us result from the ascension and exaltation...