Five cardio options
Works the cardiovascular system, improves aerobic capacity, burns calories and helps fat loss. The following are five cardio options
1. Straddle down on step (step move): Begin standing on top and in the middle of the step, standing “lengthwise” (i.e., as if you were standing on a diving board). Begin straddling off and on the step by stepping off with your right foot then off with your left, then back on with your right foot and on with your left. Continue doing the movement quickly while still maintaining good control and foot placement. To make the movement more intense, bend the knees and try to keep your body down closer to the step throughout.
2. Alternating knees up on step (step move): Step on the step with your right foot and then lift your left knee up as high as you can, keeping good posture. Immediately, step down with your left foot and down with your right. Then change step on with your left foot and lift your right knee. Continue so that you are alternating stepping and lifting knees each time.
3. Marching in place (floor move – no step): Stand tall with good posture. March in place lifting the feet up purposefully and pumping the arms rhythmically.
4. Alternating elbow to knee (floor move – no step): Stand tall with good posture. Bring your right knee toward your left elbow. Then switch and bring your left knee toward your right elbow. Continue alternating rhythmically. Try to keep your back as straight as possible throughout.
5. Alternating squat to front kick (floor move – no step): Standing with your feet a little wider than hip-width apart, sit back as if sitting into a chair. As you stand back up, kick out in front of you with your right leg. Immediately place your right leg down and go back into a squat. This time as you come up, kick forward with your left leg as you come up. Continue alternating squats with single-leg front kicks.
1. Squats to a chair: Stand about 12-15 inches in front of a chair. Sit back...