Name: Jessica Benavides Date: December 13, 2012
1. The hospital standardization movement was inaugurated by the:
a. American Health Information Management Association
b. American College of Surgeons
c. Record Librarians of North America
d. American College of Physicians.
2. The new model of HIM practice is:
a. Information focused
b. Record focused
c. Department focused
d. Traditionally focused
3. Which of the following promotes education and research?
d. AHIMA Foundation
4. The health record is the principal repository for data and information about the healthcare services provided to individual patients. True False
5. Which of the following users of the health record is an example of an institutional user?
a. Third-party payer
b. Accreditation organization
6. A researcher uses data to determine the recommended treatment. True False
7. A physician just received notification from an EHR system that a patient’s lab test had a dangerously high value. This is an example of what kind of clinical tool?
a. Clinical decision support
b. Electronic records
c. Results management
d. Order-entry/order management
8. It was suggested that we enter the patient’s eye color. This was not implemented. What quality characteristic would be the justification for not collecting this information?
9. Which two major types of data are contained in the health record?
a. Nursing and physician
b. Administrative and clinical
c. Demographic and financial
d. Surgical and medical
10. Which of the following reports provides information on tissue removed during a procedure?
a. Operative report
b. Laboratory report
c. Pathology report
d. Anesthesia report
11. Which type...