* We instantly scan people for some characteristic we like and then we latch on to it.
* Social expectations we are all trained in from a young age, Edwards problem is that he isn’t used to this. He has to be taught all these things.
* Each group of friends and family has little expectations .
* Edward has a lady who comes
* Edward and Othello are treated really well until they provide an advantage to society, once this benefit is complete these people are thrown out like trash.
* Still a delineation between a man and a woman.
* Othello just expects her to obey him no matter what.
* Edward is not believed when he says she was seducing me , he is not believed because he is different.
* Othello and Edward are both subjected to perspective.
* They all believe Desdemona deserves better than Othello, and the girl deserves better than Edward. They are both obviously different and are therefore excluded.
* Because you have a heritage from another country you must be born there.
* Alienating someone can really affect their identity.
* If one person starts to doubt one person it gets contagious. Iago puts enough doubt on Othello to lead and the weird lady makes everyone turn against Edward.
* Once people can make other people see them differently
* Seed of doubt, once that gets planted that’s when the trouble starts.
* The only woman that understands Edward is that woman, who is mothered by her
* Othello – you never hear that he can go and talk to someone when things go wrong. Edward has no one either.
* Edward has the woman who seems a bit naïve but Othello has literally no one.
* Othello sees himself as an outsider- the whole out of my league thing- he cant believe that Desdemona has married me
* He sees himself as a rough, baboon soldier, this is evident when he apologises for his speech
* If you don’t know the rules then you become the outsider
* If it doesn’t agree...