130 Tips for an effective Presentation
Take into account the following 130 tips for your next presentation in which you are going to impress your audience.
• Look forward to the presentation, see it as exciting.
• Bring a positive, enthusiastic attitude to your presentation.
Be well groomed and well dressed. Make sure you give the right impression! The audience deserves it.
Speak from notes, don’t read a speech.
Give your audiences something to do, or they will just remain passive observers.
Make a bridge with the audience. Connect with the audience by being who you are – being relaxed and natural.
Make people feel they have been spoken to individually.
See people’s eyes and notice when they are bored and adjust on the run.
Take your time and think about what you’re saying.
* Try to involve/include the audience.
* Tailor your presentation to the people to whom you are speaking.
* Hold people’s attention – and keep in mind that their attention span is short.
* Think of giving a pres3ntation with a colleague. A change of voice, a change of pace can re-stimulate the audience.
* Enter a drama class, drama competition. This can help you for this kind of acting.
* Make sure you know what you want to achieve with your presentation.
* Talk always in a positive and enthusiastic way.
* Question time: You should confront difficult questions that are thrown at you head – on, even if the question is unanswerable at the time. Honesty is the best policy.
* Learn from your mistakes for your next presentations.
* Prepare well. Preparation is the key to success.
* Read the mood of the audience. Get a sense of what they want to hear and what you want to say.
* Find a strong start! Your opening should be designed to get attention and to make people wonder where you want to take the presentation.
* Use humour when you can.
* Listen to feedback – often it can be very helpful.
* Find your own presenting style.
* Answer objections...