ENG 121 Week 1 DQ 1 Reading Strategies
Copy & Paste the link into your browser to get the tutorial:
1. Reading Strategies. After studying the active reading strategies described in Chapter 2 of Essentials of College Writing, read Chapters 1 and 2 and the “Instructor Guidance” for Week One, apply thesurvey-question-read-recite-review (SQ3R) strategy as you reread the materials. In your initial post:
1. Discuss how this reading strategy is similar to and/or different from the way you read course material previously.
2. Explain how using SQ3R improved your comprehension of the course materials.
♣ Be sure to use specific examples. You can also explore how you might apply this strategy in your
♣ How might SQ3R affect the way you read the newspaper or online articles, for example?
♣ If using the strategy did not improve your comprehension of the course materials, explain why.
3. Ask a question you have about this week’s assigned reading.
Your initial post must be 200 to 300 words in length and posted by Day 3. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7. For each response:
4. State what have you learned as a result of reading about your peer’s experience as well as how it was similar to or different from your own experience.
5. Share your thoughts on how your classmate’s experience informed your own experience.
6. Answer your classmates’ question about the assigned reading to the best of your knowledge.
Response posts must be 125 to 200 words in length. If you have questions about how to participate in discussions, consult “About Discussions” under the Course Home menu. You are not required to support your claims with additional scholarly materials; however, should you decide...