ENG 121 Week 3 Assignment Personal Essay – Draft
Copy & Paste the link into your browser to get the tutorial:
Personal Essay – Draft. For this writing assignment, you have two choices. Please select one of the following options for your essay:
1. Describe a person, place, or object that has special meaning in your life.
2. Describe a particular moment or occurrence in your life that had special meaning to you.
Use the techniques described in sections 6.3 and 6.4 of Essentials of College Writing and expand upon the prewriting done in the discussion forum for the past three weeks to provide specific details about the person,
place, object, or event so that readers can visualize the subject and/or feel present in the story. Your description should be specific and appeal to the five senses.
This rough draft needs to be at least 550 words, and it should have a thesis statement that clearly states what you are going to be writing about. For more information about writing thesis statements, visit the Ashford Writing Center and review Chapter 5 of Essentials of College Writing.
The point of a draft is to allow your instructor to get a good sense of your organizational writing skills, examine your use of the strategies of narration or description, and provide you with feedback you can incorporate into the Final Essay that is due in Week Five.
As you write this draft, please pay attention to the areas that you struggled with in your Grammar Assessment and Practice Essay.
When submitting your draft, make sure to:
1. Proofread your work for errors in grammar, mechanics, and style.
2. Format the essay according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
3. Perform a word count check to make sure the essay is 350 to 500 words in length.
4. Save the document as a Microsoft Word or compatible .doc or .docx file.
5. Use a...