ENG 121 Week 3 DQ 1 Explore Persuasive, Personal, and Expository Writing
Copy & Paste the link into your browser to get the tutorial:
Explore Persuasive, Personal, and Expository Writing. Review Chapters 6, 7, and 8 of Essentials of College Writing. Thus far in the course, you have been working on a personal essay of your own, and you have been writing journals that analyze the work of professional writers in their personal essays. In your initial post for this discussion:
1. Describe how point of view, structure, and tone differ in the three different types of essays explained in the textbook.
2. Explain which of the genres the journal entry most closely resembles and why.
3. Ask your peers a question you have about this week’s assigned reading.
Your initial post must be 200 to 300 words in length and posted by Day 3. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Respond to two classmates. In each response:
1. Note any similarities and differences in your description of the essay types and the description your peer provided.
2. Answer your classmate’s question to the best of your knowledge.
Response posts must be 125 to 200 words in length and posted by Day 7. If you have questions about how to participate in discussions, consult “About Discussions” under the Course Home menu. You are not required to support your claims with additional scholarly materials; however, should you decide to use additional sources, make sure you properly cite any references. Refer to the Ashford Writing Center’s Citation and Reference Guide for guidelines on citing sources in APA style.