ENG 121 Week 5 Final Essay Personal Essay
Copy & Paste the link into your browser to get the tutorial:
In Week Three, you wrote a personal essay draft in which you
• • Described a person, place, or object that has special meaning in your life; or
• • Described a particular moment or occurrence in your life that had special meaning to you.
This week, you will complete this draft and turn in your final personal essay. Be sure to utilize one of the writing patterns
described in Chapter 6. The personal essay must be at least 1000 words (not including the title page). Your essay must include:
1. A clear thesis statement in the introductory paragraph.
2. Specific details about the person, place, object, or event so that readers can visualize the subject and/or feel
present in the story (i.e., your essay should be specific and appeal to the five senses).
3. A conclusion paragraph.
As you are writing this essay, please pay attention to the areas that you struggled with in the Grammar Assessment and Practice Essay. Please also incorporate your instructor’s feedback on your journal assignments, your Week Three draft, and from throughout this course.
When submitting your Personal Essay, make sure to:
1. Proofread your work for errors in grammar, mechanics, and style.
2. Check that the essay is at least 1000 words.
3. Include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
4. Begin the essay with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
5. Address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
6. End with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
7. Format the essay according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Save the document as a Microsoft Word or compatible .doc or .docx file.