ENG 125 Week 2 DQ 2 Character Analysis and Point of View
Copy & Paste the link into your browser to get the tutorial:
1. Character Analysis and Setting. 1st Post Due by Day 3. In the stories you have read in Chapters 4-7, you have been introduced to several kinds of characters. Using a story that is different than the one you analyzed in the Literary Techniques and Their Connection to Conflict in Literature discussion, describe a character you sympathize with by answering the following questions:
o Why did this character interest you?
o What choices does the character make, and how do the choices (or the result of the choices) contribute to
the theme of the story?
o What kind of conflict (internal/external) did this character encounter, and how did he/she handle it?
• How does the setting contribute to the character’s development?
• How does the setting contribute to the character’s experience and give the story more meaning?
As you consider these questions and answer them, incorporate readings found in Chapters 4-7 to help illustrate the points you make. Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length. The minimum word count does not include references.
Guided Response: Respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial posts. Each response should be at least 75 words in length and should address two or more of the following questions:
• Did your classmate acknowledge the complexities in the character he/she chose? If so, how so? If not, what should he/she consider?
• Are there other conflicts that your classmate should consider? For example, if your classmate primarily discussed a character’s external conflicts, offer an internal conflict that the character faces, or vice versa.
• Does your classmate adequately connect the character with the setting? Are there details that he/she did not discuss but are...