ENG 125 Week 4 DQ 2 Comedy
Copy & Paste the link into your browser to get the tutorial:
Comedy. 1st Post Due by Day 3. In the “Tragedy” discussion this week, you explored the function of conflict in a tragedy and how the conflict is enhanced by certain literary elements and techniques. In this discussion activity, you will focus on comedy.
Sharon E. Cooper’s Mistaken Identity: A Ten Minute Play is a modern comedy that centers on the quest for love and understanding. The function of the conflict in this play and the way the literary elements and techniques enhance the conflict is different from what we studied in Macbeth.
In your initial post
• State a conflict that you see present in Mistaken Identity: A Ten Minute Play (please refer to the Types of Conflicts Found in Literature.)
• Respond to one of the following, providing specific textual references to illustrate your ideas:
o Describe a key conflict in the play and how it corresponds to a character’s development.o Describe two key literary techniques and elements and techniques of drama that aid in developing
o Explain how and why the conflict in this comedy is different from and/or similar to the conflict explored in tragedy.
Initial post must be 200 to 300 words in length and posted by Day 3.
Guided Response: Respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial posts. Each response should be at least 75 words in length and should address two or more of the following points:
• Do you agree with your classmates’ perspectives? Why, or why not? Be specific.
• Ask a specific question to encourage further discussion on the topic.
• Challenge your classmates’ interpretation of literature and/or point of view.
• Do a small amount of research and share what you learn with your peers about the topic discussed in this