English 135 Complete Class
To view this, visit following link
or email us
ENGLISH/135 ENTIRE COURSE
Course Project-Letter to the Editor Assignment
This week you’ll develop your opinion on an article that addresses one of the course topics. Your letter to the editor assignment will respond to a recently published source. The assignment includes a short prewriting activity. The completed assignment is due at the end of Week 1 and is worth 50 points.
See Doc Sharing for the following support documents.
• An assignment template
• A sample assignment
• The assignment grading rubric
Course Project-Source Summary
Information Literacy Assignment (35 points)
The purpose of this assignment is to learn about information literacy by exploring the concept of peer review. You may be familiar with peer review in prior writing courses, but what does it mean when you talk about peer review in relation to academic source material?
Click on the following link to a DeVry University Library presentation of Peer Reviewed Journals: The Creation of New Knowledge.
The PDF presentation contains 20 slides that will introduce the peer review cycle.
After reviewing the presentation, compose a 2-paragraph response in which you address each of the following points:
• In your own words, identify points in the peer review cycle that seem especially important and explain why.
• How does an editor differ from a peer reviewer? Use at least two points to support your response.
• Based on this information, explain whether your article for this week was peer reviewed? How can you determine this information?
• As you work on your research in this class, where specifically can you look to find peer-reviewed information?
Course Project-Research Proposal
The research proposal will present the topic you have selected for your Course Project. The purpose of the proposal...