Ethics (PHI2600) Midterm Study Guide
1. According to the syllabus, you are allowed ________ unexcused absences for the semester.
2. According to the syllabus, the author/editor of the textbook for this course is…
3. According to the syllabus, for every three unexcused occasions of tardiness you will receive on unexcused absence for the semester
* FALSE; for every two unexcused absences
4. According to the syllabus, the research project is worth ____ of the final average.
5. Which word means “general agreement or concord; harmony”?
6. According to the syllabus, if you miss a quiz or in-class assignment, you can make it up.
* FALSE; you can NOT make up any quizzes or in class assignments
7. Which word means “to work together, especially in a joint intellectual effort”?
8. According to the syllabus, the instructor will accept late assignments?
* FALSE; he will NOT accept late assignments
9. According to the syllabus, the instructors office hours are:
* MW 1:00-3:00PM & TR 2:00-3:00PM
10. According to the syllabus, you HAVE to use APA style of documentation and citation
* FALSE; you can use any style
11. The basis of learning styles stems from ones…
* Dominant brain hemisphere
12. There are numerous amounts of learning styles: Visual-Spatial, Musical-Rhythmic, Bodily-Kinesthetic, Verbal-Linguistic, Intrapersonal, Interpersonal, and …
13. Left-Brain learners process things…
* From the part to the whole
14. Left-Brain learners process information in a linear/sequential fashion
15. Right-Brain learners process things…
* From the whole to the part
16. Right-Brain learners see the big picture first and then the details.
17. What are clues to finding the main idea?
* Verbal Cues
* Things on the bored
18. The Cornell Method of...