University of Phoenix Material
Experimental Designs Worksheet
Fill in the Blank
Using the terms listed below, complete the following:
1. ____Experimental_______ group receives treatment in an experimental design.
2. _____Control______ group does not receive treatment in an experimental design.
3. A ______Small n_____ design has many observations on a single case or a few subjects.
4. When separate groups of subjects receive different levels of the independent variable, this is referred to as ______Between Subject_______ design.
5. When all subjects receive all levels of the independent variable, this is referred to as ______Within Subject______ design.
6. When the researcher measures a behavior that needs to be changed and then applies therapy and measures the behavior again, this is referred to as _______AB______ design.
7. When the researcher measures a behavior that needs to be changed, applies therapy and measures the behavior again, and then removes the treatment and measures the behavior again, this is referred to as _________ABA_____ design.
8. When the criterion outcome changes over time this is referred to as _____Changing Criterion__________ design.
9. When measuring several behaviors or several people with baseline periods of varying lengths and an independent variable occurs, this is referred to as a _______Multiple baseline_______ design.
10. When subjects are not randomly assigned and not all variables are under the control of the presenter, this is referred to as _____ Quasi-Experimental _________ design.
A. Multiple Baseline B. Small n C. AB
D. Control E. Experimental F. ABA
G. Between Subject H. Quasi-Experimental I. Changing Criterion
J. Within Subject
Read the following scenarios and match each scenario with the correct type of experimental design.
1. ___A__ Two classes of children are studied regarding the effects of a new teaching method in science. One group received the new...