Female Feticide in India
Sheth L.U.J and Sir M.V. College of Arts, Science and Commerce.
Sr. | Topic |
1. | Introduction |
2. | Meaning |
3. | Cases |
4. | Current Situations |
5. | According to Census |
6. | Female Infanticide |
7. | Female Foeticide and Indians Living Abroad |
8. | Laws |
9. | Conclusion |
10. | |
Here are some ideas to prevent female infanticide and female foeticide.
- Free education for women up to college and even post graduate education in government run institutions (Similar plans are being implemented in many states in India)
- Males should stand up to their own moms and dads when they start chirping about unwanted female children.
- Create a feminine movement so that women feel a sisterhood towards each other and stand up for a woman in a neighboring house rather than turn a blind eye.
- Refuse marriage of women into households or be very careful of families that have only male children or a very high percentage of males. Chances are high that they did you know what. Again, a few innocents will be in needless trouble, but sometimes poisonous and normal snakes look alike and it is better to get out a stick and protect your own daughters and sisters.
- Do not provide any government incentives to families that have only males. Again the bad snake good snake logic applies. But that is OK. Consider it payback for all the dead female children.
- Provide extra incentives for families that have more than one girl child. This will help correct the gender balance in a few years.
- If you have a female child, educate her and provide her the same opportunities as a male child. This is the one thing that makes female killing folks look foolish and dumb.
- Encourage marriage of males to educated women. Conversely, an educated female class will be more aware of their rights.